Saturday, February 11, 2012

Clean Eating/My Epiphany


I have been contemplating this lifestyle change for quite a while.  I asked for these books for my Christmas present from my mother.  They came in the mail this past week.  I should clarify that I didn't ask for them until in January. I think she paid around $30 for all three on Amazon. I'm very excited about this. I haven't finished reading the actual diet book but I think I understand enough about the basic principles to begin.  I just cleaned out my refrigerator, freezer, and pantry.  I'll be honest because I didn't purge everything. Mostly I left a few  snacks that just my children eat.  Although I am implementing this lifestyle upon my whole family, I'm letting them kind of ease into it by allowing them some of these snacks just to finish them off while we begin.  I highly recommend these books to anyone who is interested in sustainable lifestyle change that will affect your weight loss. 

When I think about weight loss I think about only myself and what I need.  In actuality as the homemaker/housewife/domestic engineer or whatever you want to call it I am responsible for feeding my family.  I don't let everyone eat unhealthy food all the time.  In fact, if I ate how I make my children eat then I wouldn't have so much weight to lose.  However, I'm not the only one in my house who needs to lose weight. My husband could lose a few pounds and be healthier. As part of my aforementioned role I am responsible for what everyone eats, including my husband when he is away from home.  My goal is to be more proactive in what my family eats and make sure that they aren't just fed, but being fed healthy, nutritious food that gives them the energy to accomplish the things that they need to. This was my epiphany lately is that the health of myself is intertwined with the health of my husband and children and that it really all depends on me!  If we're all fat (not that my children are they are all within healthy weight ranges) and unhealthy then that's my fault because it's my responsibility to provide them with good healthful food.  If I am providing them with this and they choose to leave the house and eat "anti-foods" then that's on them.  My  husband works hard to allow me the opportunity to stay home with our children so I should work just as hard to provide all of them healthy foods.  I'm the one that shops for groceries, plans the meals and cooks the food so it's on me if we are unhealthy.  Today I'm planning my meals and later today I am going to the grocery store and tomorrow it begins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment