Monday, February 13, 2012

Oatmeal & Marriage


I did something momentous this morning.  I ate oatmeal.  And I didn't even puke it up.  This may seem as small fate to some but it really is a big deal for me.  I have never liked oatmeal.  In fact, I love to tell this story about when I was 11 and my Grandma forced me to eat oatmeal and I told her I would throw it up and she made me eat it anyway.  A little while later on a car ride to Yellowstone with our minivan full that oatmeal made an appearance and I had to throw up in a wipee container.  After that no one ever forced me to eat oatmeal again.     This morning I forced myself.  Furthermore, I made if for my children and they ate it also.  I even got up and made it for my husband and packed his lunch cooler with clean things he could eat.  I enjoyed my oatmeal with blueberries as did the children and I also let them have little honey on theirs.  This is a major success for me!  If this isn't commitment I don't know what is?

I mentioned how I packed a cooler of clean foods for my husband. He is joining me on this journey.  So now he also has a handy little ticker up top for monitoring his weight loss.  I love my husband so much and I know this will be easier with his support.  Also, it will be good accountability as we do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment