Friday, July 27, 2012

Sick of being Sick

I am sick of being sick.  This entire summer we have had either one sickness or another floating around this house.  As for me, I am experiencing frequent tonsillitis and double ear infections.  I seem to be getting them every two months.  I had this at the beginning of June and now that it's almost August I guess it's time for another round.  I woke up this morning and sure enough, wham!  Aching throat and ears.  It is very frustrating to get sick over and over again.  Who wants to do cardio when their head is aching???  However, when school let out this was the case and it was just the tip of the iceberg for what was coming.  Over a period of six weeks beginning at the end of May through the first week of July all of my children had pink eye, we had a horrible stomach virus that made the rounds, my son broke his arm, my daughter had a mysterious eye infection, I experienced side effects from having my tubes tied, my mother was hospitalized, the baby had an adverse reaction to antibiotics given to him for a double ear infection, and my younger daughter also had a double ear infection.  As for my husband, he was lucky enough to be extremely busy at work and wasn't around us enough to get sick.  I however, felt like a single mom in an infirmary.  We weren't able to go to the gym and I got very behind on the goals I've set for myself.  So today as I'm here again with an aching throat and ears, I want to go to the gym so that I don't get behind or off track, yet I'm not sure how effective my workout will be if I feel like crap.  Oh well, such is life.  My doctor has referred me to an ENT and is pretty sure that I'll have to have my tonsils removed.  Funny thing is, I almost never had ear infections as a child.  I was a very healthy child who was rarely ill.  I feel like a three year old when I tell people I have an ear infection and tonsillitis.

***BTW it is extremely rare for my family to be this sick.  Although I've been experiencing these ear infections and tonsillitis frequently over the past 2 1/2 years, my children are rarely ill and my husband is incredibly resilient to any illness around him.  I guess we were due for a series like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment