Thursday, July 26, 2012

Forgiveness


I started crying today while working out at the gym.  No, my strength training routine isn't that overwhelming.  It caught me off guard because over the past several years I've realized I cry a lot less easily than I used to.  Sure, I get emotional about things regarding my children, but as for crying, I've really buttoned that up when it comes to how I feel about myself.  (FYI: I pulled it together very quickly when I recognized what was going on, lest you think I was uncontrollably sobbing in the gym.)  I was just suddenly overcome with this desire for my body to forgive me for doing what I've done to it.  Sure I've never done drugs or drank alcohol or anything else elicit or otherwise, but what I have done to my body by allowing myself to become overweight is bad also.  It's definitely not treating my body like the temple it should be.  Honestly, it can be discouraging to think about.  Unfortunately the lack of forgiveness of one's self is EXACTLY what can hold someone back from whatever they are trying to accomplish.  I feel like when I go to the gym and work out or make good choices regarding what I put into my body, its evidence to myself that I can be forgiven and trusted to treat my body better.  So we'll see how that goes.  It's definitely something that will be a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment