I like to keep it real on this blog. So here it is. Here is how I got slapped in the face by karma. Back in the day, before I got fat, I would say I was nice looking. Not super gorgeous. But okay. However, like most girls I thought I was hideous. Anyway, there was this boy in high school who really liked me, I liked him enough, but not enough to be his girlfriend. I went to prom with him, but honestly, I was interested in his friend. Actually I started dating his friend and did so for a while. Eventually we broke up, and life moved on.
Until today. Here I am in my own local Walmart, with my four children in a huff because some cashier couldn't complete my transaction correctly. When I noticed a man standing a few registers over. He looks familiar I think to myself. In fact he looks like so-and-so, the boy who liked me way more than I liked him. Well let's just say time has been REALLY good to him. He's in great shape! He's more handsome! And here I am. All fat. With four kids. Who are cranky and loud. Because they're tired of being in Walmart. I know he knew it was me too. I could just tell. He kept looking over like I think I know her, do I know her? Yes. You know me. I know it's hard to tell through all this fat, but it's me the girl who thought she was too good for you.
Thank goodness I had at least worn make up.
So thanks a lot karma. Your timing is impeccable. I just got slapped yesterday. You could've waited a few days. Geez.
No comments:
Post a Comment