Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sugar addict update

It's been one week with no added sugar. I found myself unconsciously drinking more milk than I normally do because I was trying to feel the need that I normally fill with sugar. I'll be honest it was quite difficult. It required a lot of self-control. Especially when my husband brought home a 5 pound bag of chocolate bars from work and placed them in our freezer without my knowledge. I was probably more rude than I needed to be about it becausek I was going to sugar withdrawals. However, I was retained my white knuckle grip on my self-control and I haven't had any of it!!!

Here's some further evidence about how I know I'm a sugar addict. On Saturday night my husband and I went on a date and watched the new movie Trouble With the Curve. While we were there I constantly found myself thinking, where's my coke where's my candy. It's so hard to do things when you're used to doing something with that activity. At the end of the movie I mentioned this to my husband and he simply said to me, "That's because you're an addict, honey."

Anyhow, I survived. And it wasn't as hard as it probably could've been. But I did find myself sneaking sugar into my diet without me really thinking that it was sugar. For instance, I like to eat fruit at night as a substitute dessert. This affected my weight loss this week so I'm going to try to check my brain into thinking that sugar snap peas are a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment